The SRQ Duo Home Buying Process
different lenders to see who can offer the best rate, term, and lowest cost loan. You MUST either show proof of funds (cash buyers) or a pre
qualification letter from a lender, or combination of both, in order to schedule showings of the higher-end Sarasota properties. Today's sellers
simply demand it.
- Based on your detailed criteria, The SRQ Duo will canvas multiple sources of listed and unlisted properties to narrow your search down to a manageable number of homes. These homes will be presented to you in summary for consideration and potential showing. The Duo understands that your time is very valuable, and will only show you properties that you want to see.
- Once the list of potential properties has been set, The Duo will organize, schedule, and facilitate home-viewing tours. They usually preview the homes on their own, to ensure that they fit your stringent criteria. This is crucial for remote and international customers whom will either buy based on virtual tours or align home-viewing into a very short time space. They’ll show you ALL available properties including those listed in the MLS (see more about MLS below), bank owned properties, short sales, auction properties, for sale by owner properties, and even some unlisted properties (so-called pocket listings). We do not discriminate properties based on commission, ease of closing, or personal bias. On the day (s) of showings, you will be transported in luxury by The SRQ Duo.
- If you are interested in any of the viewed properties, The SRQ Duo will conduct in-depth property research and prepare custom statistical reports with recent sales data, price per foot, and other custom data for you to analyze. They will conduct due diligence on the selected homes to help identify any problems or issues that the property might have.
- Repeat this process until you've found the home and lifestyle of your dreams.
- Once you've found your new home, its time to make an offer. The SRQ Duo will advise on the appropriate offer structure to help obtain the best possible terms and price. They will prepare the offer contract and present it to the seller and their agent on your behalf. They will facilitate the negotiation in an easy, calm way, so that you are spared the stress and anxiety of finalizing price, terms, and conditions.
- Once the offer is accepted, The SRQ Duo will open escrow. Opening escrow simply means starting the closing process by visiting the office of the escrow company, then handing over the deposit money and giving instructions for the transaction.
- The Duo will review various disclosure reports, facilitate investigation of the chain of title to the property to ensure you buy a home free and clear of issues and liens, review HOA documents, and facilitate mortgage approval and/or funding.
- Ensure completed appraisal (if applicable). Coordinate various home inspections to ensure you buy a home in a desirable condition (if applicable). These include a general home inspection, termite inspection, roof inspection, and any other specific inspection the home might need or you may desire. Negotiate repairs, credits, or concessions or terminating contract if any problem comes up during inspections.
- Work with mortgage lenders, insurance agents, escrow officers, and other third parties involved to facilitate a swift closing.
- Verify property condition prior to closing escrow and delivering keys to you.
- Pop a bottle of Champagne! You've got your dream home and new Sarasota lifestyle!!
- There are many beautiful Siesta Key Houses, Longboat Key Houses, Lakewood Ranch Houses, and more available now!!